Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Pigeon coop


So, I have a pigeon problem.

They like to roost in the spot where the two roofs conjoin. I scare them away and 20 minutes later they're back.

Last December this happened too, A pair of pigeons would make a nest in the same spot. One day I got frustrated, I didn't have my glasses so I couldn't see clearly. I was trying to scare them off. I pumped my bb gun once, stood back and shot. To my suprise I hit one accidently and killed it. It must of rocked its dome just perfectly, because it died shortly after.

So, now I have to find a new solution. I'd rather not kill them, but I can't stand them cooing.

15 comments:

  1. A few options to try are "Bird Strips", Chicken wire, sound generators, there are even a few chemical options available. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive never had a pigeon problem, so I dont know what to say except good luck and try not to kill anymore ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pigeons = one of the most annoying animals ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I suppose you could try putting something there that wouldn't be so easy to sit on, some pieces of barbed wire or something. Maybe that wouldn't look to nice on the roof, though...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like someone said above, Chicken wire works very well I hear

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just put something in the area they're roosting. That way it makes it impossible for them to just sit there

    ReplyDelete
  7. get a BB gun, wont kill them. but it sure as hell will scare them away. also on a side note, it looks like you have a really nice house!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dude, just eat them. No more cooing + free dinner

    ReplyDelete
  9. Idk call your local pest control? :O

    ReplyDelete
  10. damn rats with wings. Try buying one of those plastic owls that move with the wind. That gets the job done. Worked with me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Back in my old house i had an annoying bird problem too, they were literally nesting in my roof or something.. always scratching at it and making a lot of noise at night. hope you get rid of them soon!

    ReplyDelete